Tips for Home Sellers
Many factors help sell a house, here are some tips that we found helpful:
- Try to be out of the home when buyers are there to see it. Lots of buyers don’t feel comfortable when the seller is hanging around, and it may hinder the sale. You want them to visualize the home as their future home.
- Please keep the home in a clean, uncluttered state. This helps buyers see the home in its ideal condition and allows them to think how they would use the space.
- First impressions, feelings, and emotions control the sale. For this reason, you want to ensure that your home makes a good first impression with the buyers. Once buyers receive a first impression, they soon figure out whether or not the home is the one they want. That first impression can be the beginning of a sales success for you.
- If you have a property that is expected to have multiple interested buyers, consider having a deadline (date and time) for buyers to submit an offer by. This gives everyone a fair chance at making a good offer, and sometimes it will help to get a price closer to your list price — if not better!
- When your property is being shown, lock up and store away valuables to prevent any theft.
- Always consider all aspects of every offer (price, buyer, timing, financing, etc.), as some offers may be stronger than just simply the price being offered.
- You will need to have a fire and smoke certificate to close on a deal. The local fire department will come by before the closing date to inspect the home’s fire and smoke safety components — they can either pass or fail the home. The home must pass for the closing to take place. You can call the local fire department for details on what is needed to pass, or ask your Bird Dog agent to take care of it. Costs vary from town to town.
All Bird Dog Real Estate agents are able to explain these, and other, tips in more detail. Contact BDRE for more information.
Put the Bird Dog to work for you!