Working with a Buyer’s Agent
In today’s real estate market, homebuyers are best served when they choose to work with a buyer’s agent, instead of purchasing a home through the listing agent (aka seller’s agent). Here are some reasons why you should strongly consider working with a Bird Dog Real Estate (BDRE) agent.
- Confidentiality in Transactions: when you see an agent’s information on a “For Sale” sign or hosting an open house, this agent works solely for the seller. Because this listing agent works for the seller, their loyalty is to the seller. The information you share with them will go right back to the seller. Buyers don’t understand that they are giving away their negotiating position and pricing strategies right away to the other side. A BDRE buyer’s agent will be able to represent you in offers and negotiations, and will be able to coordinate these deals with the seller’s agents on your behalf.
- Save You Time: House hunting can be time consuming: driving around for open houses, setting up showings, researching what is available and then finding out it’s sold. A BDRE buyer’s agent is able to do this research for you. We can set-up home searches to go right to your inbox. Once you view the information and photos, let the agent know what you would like to see. We can work with the listing agents to set-up private showings that suit your time constraints. Saving time this way in today’s market will also make you a better home buyer — the more homes you see, the better you will become at recognizing home values.
- Save You Money: How much should you pay for a home? A BDRE buyer’s agent is going to show you what similar homes have sold for recently around that property, and the area’s current inventory levels (tip: more homes on the market that match what you are looking will push prices down).
- Commitment & Patience: At Bird Dog Real Estate, we do not push homes on you. We will provide you with comps (real estate term for comparisons) and inform you of what we think the right price should be. However, you determine the price that we will present to the sellers. We will put that offer in and fight to get you that home at the right price for you. If not, we will help you find a better place at the right price. We don’t care if it takes seeing 1 home or 100 homes as long as we find the right place for you at the right price. We are committed to your search.
- Guidance and Expertise: When your offer is accepted, what steps will you need to do next? A BDRE buyer’s agent is with you through the whole process right to the closing. We will guide you on how to prepare for the home inspection and mortgage process. Our agents will let you know what to do and when to do it by (deadlines are important in real estate). It’s important for us to guide you on these steps to protect your down payment and, in the event something goes wrong, we will work with the listing agent to get your deposit back for you. We can even prepare on logistics such as getting the utilities turned over to your name and making sure your future home is still in the right condition on the final walk through.
What Makes a BDRE Agent Unique?
In additional to the exceptional service provided by a BDRE agent, a BRD agent will go above and beyond at closing. After working with you to close on your new home, BDRE pay your first month’s mortgage (principal and interest) payment the closing.
We know all the work you do researching homes and areas, and we feel you deserve to get something back for all that hard work. Before you work with someone else, or if you are currently working with another agent, ask them what they are going to be giving you back. They will say something like “our service is so superior we don’t need to offer that”, but in reality they need to kick back to their company and cannot afford to give you anything back. We do this every day for buyers! BDRE agents have excellent client service satisfaction and the P&I rebate is great as it allows us to work with so many more buyers than any other broker out there.
How are our services free to buyers?
Remember, our services are 100% free to you — buyer’s agents get paid from the seller’s broker!
A BDRE buyer’s agent will be the best first decision in your home search, and we look forward to hearing from you. Even if you are not completely ready to start your home search at this time, drop us a line with any questions you may have. We are here to help guide you in getting ready to home search.
Put the Bird Dog to work for you!